You might notice little black marks on your hob after using your stove to cook a meal. These marks are more than likely due to food or sauces sticking to the hob. Depending on what it is that caused the black marks, conventional sprays or cleaners may not remove all of these black marks from your hob. Making your own household cleaner can allow you to get black marks off your hob without ruining the hob.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic kitchen scraper
- Undiluted white vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Spray bottle
- Sponge/nonscratch cleaning brush
Scrape off any hardened food from the hob. This can be done using a plastic kitchen scraper or similar item. Be sure to use a plastic scraper, however, or else you could scratch the hob.
Add an equal amount of warm water and undiluted white vinegar along with a tablespoon of lemon juice into the spray bottle.
Shake the spray bottle in order to mix all of the ingredients in your homemade cleaner.
Spray the areas of the hob filled with the black marks. Spray a generous amount of cleaner on the hob to ensure you fully cover the black marks on the hob.
Allow the cleaner to sit on the hob for 10 minutes.
Scrub the hob with a either a nonscratch cleaning brush or a sponge.
Wipe the hob with a paper towel in order to dry the area.
Tips and warnings
- A tablespoon of a degreasing liquid dish soap can also be added to the homemade cleaning solution. Make sure this soap has a bleach alternative and not bleach, however, or else you could risk staining your hob.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for