Adding a sprinkle of edible sand to your wedding cake can transform an ordinary creation into a beach-inspired masterpiece. From destination oceanfront ceremonies to poolside receptions, beach-inspired wedding planning is in high demand. Fortunately for you, with a few artful touches, it is easy to assemble a cake fit for any sunny or seaside celebration.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Graham crackers
- Resealable plastic bags
- Rolling pin
Empty the graham crackers into a resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out any excess air and seal the bag tightly.
Crush the crackers by pressing down on the plastic bag with the rolling pin.
Repeat crushing until the graham crackers have been reduced to crumbs. Crumbs do not need to be crushed too finely or uniformly. An uneven consistency will look more like real sand.
Sprinkle the crumbs as desired onto a frosted cake to imitate the look of sand. Creamy neutral coloured frosting, like white or beige, will work best for this project.
Tips and warnings
- Alternatively, crackers can also be crushed in a blender or food processor.
- Substitute vanilla wafers or sugar cookies to create lighter coloured sand or to add a variety of texture.
- Add delicate chocolate oyster shells or chocolate star fish shapes from Godiva for an elegant touch.
- Dust edible glitter into the sand for a magically romantic wedding cake.
- Place coloured ribbon around the base of the cake, in the same colour theme as the wedding, for a beautiful yet simple design.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for