The Xbox 360 is like other electronic devices that rely on getting the correct amount of electricity to run correctly. The Xbox power supply is designed with a fail safe orange light that goes on when there is a problem when the Xbox 360 is turned on. This can be caused by a faulty connection that is interfering with the flow of electricity between the power supply and the Xbox 360. Fixing this problem can be done by the owner and will keep the power supply and the Xbox 360 working the way that it should.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cotton swabs
- Rubbing alcohol
- Clean cloth
- Surge protector power strip
Disconnect the power connector coming from the power supply in the power socket of the Xbox 360 console. Unplug the AC plug of the power supply from the surge protector power strip. Leave the power supply alone for a few hours to dispel any residual electricity.
Disconnect the power connector from the connection on the power supply. Take the clean cloth and rub the power supply to remove any dust from the case and also from the open connector and the AC plug. Do the same to both sides of the power connector.
Take an alcohol-moistened cotton swab and gently wipe the open connector of the power supply, the AC plug and both sides of the power connector. Take another alcohol-moistened swab and gently wipe the power socket of the Xbox 360. Wait for the alcohol to dry.
Connect the power connector to the Xbox 360 power supply. Connect the other end of the power connector to the Xbox 360 power socket. Plug the AC plug of the Xbox 360 power supply into the surge protector power strip. Turn on the Xbox 360. The orange light should now be off.
Tips and warnings
- Always plug in the Xbox 360's power supply to a surge protector. This will prevent potential electrical problems from the electric grid affecting the power supply.
- A faulty power supply can be a potential electrical hazard. Extreme caution should be taken when there is a fear of this and replacing the power supply with a new one is a good safety precaution if there is a worry of this.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for