Saab currently offers three models: 9-3, 9-5 and 9-7x. The 9-7x SUV does not have a factory-installed cabin air filter. The 9-3 cabin air filter must be serviced by the dealer. But owners of the 9-5 can replace their air filter at home. This will take about 30 minutes can be done using simple tools.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips screwdriver
- Torx bit or Torx screwdriver
- Socket wrench
- Replacement cabin air filter
Examine the passenger side footwell (closest to the centre column) to find the carpeted cover.
Remove the four push pins from the cover. To do this, insert a Phillips-head screwdriver into the centre, then pull the pins out. Set the cover aside.
Remove the four Torx screws from the lower dash panel (below the glove box). Unclip the harness from the courtesy light, and set the lower dash panel aside.
Open the glove box and remove the six screws mounting the glove box to the dash. Pull the glove box out and unhook the harnesses.
Remove the 6mm bolts from the cabin filter cover (black box behind the carpet panel you removed). With the glove box removed, you can easily slide the old filter out and install the new one. Installation of the components is the reverse of removal.
Saab 9-5 Cabin Air Filter
Tips and warnings
- Contact your local Saab or GM dealer to obtain a replacement cabin air filter. Buying a factory replacement will ensure compatibility.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for