Brita is a leading manufacturer of home filtration systems. The Brita pitcher is one of the company's popular products. Replacing the filter in your Brita pitcher is simple and only takes a few minutes. One filter can produce nearly 40 gallons of clean, filtered water. Always change your filter as soon as the indicator turns red or when the electronic display tells you to (electronic pitcher only).
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Replacement Brita pitcher filter
- Cup or glass
Wash your hands with soap and water to prevent contaminating the new filter.
Fill a tall glass or cup with cold water. Open the new filter package and submerge the filter into the glass of cold water. Let the filter soak for 15 minutes.
Remove the filter and rinse it off with running water. Remove the old filter if you have not done so already.
Insert the new filter into the pitcher; line up the groove and the line on the filter housing. Make two batches of filtered water and discard them both before drinking the water made by the pitcher.
Tips and warnings
- If you have an electronic Brita pitcher, reset the filter service indicator by holding down the start button for 10 seconds.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for