Occasionally, you may delete a sent e-mail from your Hotmail account that you actually needed. If this has happened to you, there is a brief period during which you can recover deleted sent Hotmail messages. Once you restore deleted e-mails, you can store them indefinitely for your reference.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Log in to Windows Live Hotmail. This will bring you to the main Hotmail screen.
Click "Sent" on the left hand side to open your "Sent" folder. This folder will show you all sent items that have not been deleted. If the message you are looking for is not here, proceed to the next step.
Click "Deleted" on the left hand side. This will open the "Deleted" folder. Locate the message you wish to restore and check the box next to it. Click "Move to" and select "Sent" or another folder.
View your recovered sent Hotmail e-mail in your "Sent" folder.
Tips and warnings
- You may be able to view your sent messages by viewing replies to the message and scrolling down to the quoted text.
- GMail, one of Hotmail's competitors, allows you to archive all messages indefinitely.
- If you use a separate mail client that saves messages locally, you can schedule it to backup your messages.
- If you have emptied your "Deleted" folder, you cannot recover your messages.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for