Hotmail is an Internet-based e-mail utility created by Microsoft. You can set Hotmail as your home page when using a Windows-based computer by following these steps. When completed, every time you open Internet Explorer, you will be taken automatically to your Hotmail page.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Computer with Internet connection
Open Internet Explorer and go to the MSN (Microsoft Network) main webpage, which is linked in the reference section.
Select Hotmail from the list of options on the left side of your screen.
When your Hotmail login screen appears, copy the Web address link or URL in your browser window at the top of the screen. Copy it by highlighting the entire link, clicking the right button on your mouse and choosing Copy. You can also copy the link by pressing the Control-C.
Click "Tools" at the top of your browser to open a window of options.
Choose "Internet Options" at the bottom of the list.
Click the "General" tab and locate the home page selection near the top of the window.
Place your cursor inside the blank box and press the Control-V to paste your link into the box. You can also right-click the mouse button and select Paste to add the link to the home page box.
Click "Apply," then "OK" at the bottom of the window to save the settings that will make Hotmail your home page.
Tips and warnings
- Use the steps above to make the Hotmail login screen your home page. If you use your Hotmail e-mail address page as an Internet home page, anyone using your computer will be able to access and read your e-mail or send messages using your name and e-mail address.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for