The headlights in your Mitsubishi Galant are designed to provide optimal lighting at night and in bad weather. Because the Galant has composite headlights bolted into position, they do not need to be aimed or adjusted after replacement. Be sure to use the correct headlight bulb for your Galant. The following applies to all Mitsubishi Galants 2003 and newer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement bulb 9003
Turn your headlight switch and engine off, and then open the bonnet.
Examine the headlight area to find the white dome cover at the rear of the headlight assembly. No components need to be removed to access the Galant headlight.
Turn the white dome cover and remove it from the rear of the headlight assembly. Set the cover aside.
Turn the bulb module 1/4 turn counterclockwise to release it from the headlight assembly. Pull the bulb module from the connection and discard the old bulb module.
Hold the replacement bulb module by the plastic retainer tab, not the glass part of the bulb. Connect the replacement bulb and insert it into the rear of the headlight assembly. Turn the module 1/4 turn clockwise to lock it.
Replace the white dome cover and turn it to secure it.
Tips and warnings
- Mitsubishi Galant models before 2003 will be very similar, but may require a different bulb number. Check your owner's manual for the proper bulb number if you have an older Galant.
- Touching the glass part of the new bulb can damage the bulb. The oils from your skin can cause them to prematurely burn out.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for