Each automaker uses different technology to program keyless remotes to their vehicles. Most of the time, you can program new remotes at home with no problems; Nissan is no exception. If you have a lost or broken car key fob, you need to purchase another and then program it to your Nissan car or truck.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Get in the vehicle and close and lock all of the doors.
Quickly insert the key into the ignition 6 times (without cranking). This must be done within a 10 second time frame.
Wait for the emergency flashers to light up. This signals you are in programming mode.
Insert the key back into the ignition and turn the key to the accessory mode (ACC), without cranking the engine.
Press the "Unlock" button on the remote key fob. Wait for the emergency lights to flash again. Remove the key, unlock the driver's side door and then open and close to exit programming mode.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat the procedure to have up to four remotes programmed to your Nissan car or truck.
- If you have trouble programming a remote, try replacing the battery.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for