Nurse Ratched is the antagonist of the book and movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, a classic story about the patients in a psychiatric ward. Ratched, a former army nurse, is a chilling and sadistic character; she holds a high position as head nurse of the psychiatric ward, but abuses her power by psychologically manipulating her patients and destroying their self-esteem. In the movie, Ratched wears a small paper nurse's cap, as was customary at the time. Though most nurses don't wear the traditional paper cap, it is easy to make one yourself for a Halloween costume, theatrical production or just for fun.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Heavy duty 8.5 by 11 inch white paper
- Hair clips
Fold and crease the white paper horizontally.
Fold the paper one third of the way down, starting from the top of the crease. Make another sharp crease.
Turn the paper over with the folded side down
Bend the bottom corners up to make a triangle on each side. Leave 2 to 3 inches of space between the two folded corners.
Fold the two sides in to make the sides of the hat.
Turn your paper over.
Attach the hat to your head with hair clips.
Tips and warnings
- These instructions are meant for a child's hat. You can use a larger rectangle of paper if necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for