Listening to music or watching videos on your laptop can be enhanced through the addition of an amplifier. The stereo sound accomplished by this hookup allows you to share your selections with friends and family without having to share a headset.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Single Split "Y" AV adaptor cord
- Laptop with sound card
- Amplifier with speakers
Turn off the power to your laptop and your selected amplifier.
Locate the headphone jack or sound card outlet on your laptop.
Place the single end of your adaptor into the headphone jack or sound card port on your laptop.
Find the Auxiallry inputs on your amplifier. There should be two ports.
Match the colours from the split end of your adaptor cord to the input jacks on your amplifier. The red cord goes into red jack and yellow or black end goes into the corresponding colour jack.
Turn on your laptop and amplifier. Set your amplifier to "Auxillary". Test with a video or music application.
Tips and warnings
- Decide on the placement of your amplifier before beginning your connection process.
- Installation of a sound card may be necessary for your laptop. Check your computer's control panel for information on the installed software.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for