Yahoo provides many Internet services including a search engine, a chat program and an e-mail service. All these services come with one Yahoo account. Yahoo provides a free, web-based e-mail service that gives users a Yahoo e-mail address upon signing up. You can create more than one account for various purposes, such as one for business use and one for personal use. Yahoo offers a free version, but also offers a premium service for a fee.
- Skill level:
Launch your Web browser and navigate to yahoo.com.
Click on the "Sign Up" link near the top of the page.
Fill out the registration form by adding personal information that includes your name, date of birth, sex and country.
Select a username and password. You would have to enter the password a second time for verification.
Select two security questions from the drop-down menus and provide answers from them. These questions will help you retrieve your password in case when you forget it.
Type the visual confirmation code shown in the box. The code typically will be a combination of letters and numbers.
Click the "Create My Account" button. Doing this means that you agree to the Yahoo terms and conditions for having a Yahoo account.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a professional-sounding e-mail address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be using the email account for business purposes.
- Choose your username wisely; once it's selected, you can never change your username or e-mail address, though you may open new accounts.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for