There is a certain prestige to owning a Porsche. Porsche owners pay for this upfront, but usually don't realise they'll pay for it later as well. Whether your Porsche is a 911 or a Cayman, it requires special (and frequently pricey) maintenance. Simple procedures that can be performed at home on a Chevrolet usually cannot be performed on a Porsche. Your Porsche has special centre caps that require a special tool to be removed; any other method will damage the clips or paint on your centre caps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Porsche centre cap tool
Acquire Porsche tool number P-72192290. This tool is specially designed to remove your Porsche centre caps. It can be obtained at your local Porsche dealership.
Examine each centre cap closely. There are two small holes in each centre cap, on each side of the Porsche crest design; the special tool is designed to fit directly into the holes.
Insert the tool into the centre cap holes. Push the tool to the side to remove the centre cap. The tool disengages the tiny clips located within your Porsche centre cap.
Tips and warnings
- Several companies sell aftermarket equivalents to the Porsche centre cap removal tool. See Resources for alternatives, but keep in mind Porsche recommends using its own part.
- You can remove a Porsche centre cap without the tool if the wheel is removed. Simply push the backing of the centre cap to pop it out.
- This method will work on every Porsche vehicle except for the Porsche Cayenne SUV. The Cayenne requires tool number P-72192291 for removal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for