Many Chrysler vehicles are equipped with "key fobs," also called "keyless remotes," that can be easily programmed at home. In addition to Chrysler products, these instructions will also work for Dodge, Plymouth and Jeep vehicles, as long as the key fob looks like the one shown in the photo.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Currently programmed key fob
Turn your car's engine off and turn the ignition to the key "run" position. Look closely at the ignition to determine the position.
Press and hold the "unlock" button on your functional key fob. Hold the button for five seconds, and then hold the "panic" button for one second (while still holding the "unlock" button).
Release both buttons simultaneously. Listen for a chime to signal that the key fob is in programming mode. If you don't hear the chime, start the procedure over.
Press and release the "lock" and "unlock" button on the functional key fob, and then simultaneously press and release the "unlock" button on the functional key fob and the key fob you want to program.
Listen for the chime to confirm that the key fob has been programmed. Turn the ignition to the "off" position to exit programming mode.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat the process to program a total of four remote key fobs to your Chrysler vehicles.
- Look closely at the picture of the key fob. If your key fob does not look like this, you cannot program it at home. Key fobs with internal keys (many 2006 and newer Chrysler vehicles) must be programmed at a Chrysler dealer. The entire key must be programmed.
- If you do not currently have a functional key fob, you cannot program a new one. Only a Chrysler dealer can help you reset the system and program a key fob from scratch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for