MP3 players vary in their features and complexity. Some music players will also play video and almost all of them can serve as mass storage devices for documents and photos. Regardless of their differences, the basic set-up process for most MP3 players is the same.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- USB cable
- MP3 player charger
- Music player software
Charge your MP3 player using either the USB cable or the wall charger.
Install music player software on your computer, if the player came with a CD. Download and install music player software from the manufacturer's website if your MP3 player did not come with a CD.
Download music legally using a legal source.
Import music to your MP3 player's music player program.
Connect MP3 player with the USB cable to the computer.
Sync MP3 player with the music player program.
Disconnect MP3 player from computer once the computer or the MP3 player says that it is safe to disconnect.
Connect headphones and press play on MP3 player.
Tips and warnings
- To make the best use of your music player, read the manual that is specific to your MP3 player. Keep your MP3 player safe from the elements by purchasing a case for it at your local electronics retailer.
- Your MP3 comes with specific music player software; in most cases you cannot use a different one. Please refer to your MP3 player manual.
- Downloading music through unapproved or free websites is punishable by law.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for