Growing facial hair can be a long and frustrating process, particularly when the facial hair enters that "awkward" phase about 2 weeks into the process of growing a goatee, beard or moustache. Many men are tempted to shave and abandon their attempt to grow facial hair when the hair growing process doesn't seem to progress at a satisfying rate. Fortunately, there are several methods that men can use to keep facial hair healthy, while promoting faster growth of undamaged hair.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Hair Conditioner
- Baby Shampoo
- Facial Massager
- Manicure Scissors
- Magnifying Mirror
- Men's Multivitamin
- Healthy Foods and Water
- Shower or Sink
Shampoo facial hair every other day with a gentle baby shampoo that will be easy on the skin and be sure to rinse thoroughly. This can be done in the shower or in the sink.
Condition your facial hair twice daily using a moisturising conditioner and leave it on the facial hair for 5 minutes to soften and moisturise the hair follicles. During this period of time, use a facial massager or your hands to massage the face to improve blood flow to the hair follicles.
Rinse conditioner from the skin and hair very thoroughly and pat dry (rubbing can damage the hair follicles and cause split ends) using a towel.
Allow the hair to air dry and, if necessary, untangle using a comb. Untangle longer hair by combing out the ends first and then working through knots by gradually moving up the hair shaft
Trim split ends once a week by locating split ends in a magnification mirror and trimming the affected hairs with manicure scissors. A hair with a split end will appear lighter at the tip and in the magnification mirror, the split end will be visible as an inverted "Y." Catching and trimming split ends soon after they occur will allow for faster healthy hair growth, as it prevents the facial hairs from breaking mid-strand.
Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water to keep the body operating at its optimal level. Hair growth can be impeded in cases where an individual is suffering from malnutrition and general poor health.
Take daily vitamin supplements for men to promote a healthy body and to avoid nutritional deficiencies that can interfere with hair growth.
Growing Facial Hair Faster
Tips and warnings
- If irritation occurs from using shampoos and conditioner on your facial hair, opt for scent-free or sensitive skin formulas.
- Regularly shampooing and conditioning the facial hair will prevent the itching that can occur during the growing process.
- Never comb hair when wet, as this will stretch and break the hairs and it will cause split ends.
- Shampooing too frequently will strip away the protective oils on the hairs, causing hair breakage that impedes a man's effort to grow a beard, moustache or goatee.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for