Boho headbands, also known as Bohemian or hippie headbands, are easy to make, requiring only simple braiding skills. Materials such as cord, ribbon, leather laces, gold chain and ordinary string can be combined to make a one-of-a-kind headband. Boho headbands can be worn across the forehead to fasten in back of the head or across the crown of the head to fasten at the nape of the neck.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3 different kinds of string, ribbon, leather or cord
Measure the ribbon to the desired length and cut. If you want the band to drape down the hair, cut at least 3 feet. Make sure all three pieces are the same length.
Collect the three pieces of ribbon, lining up at one end, and tie together into a knot.
Braid the three pieces of string, ribbon, leather or cord together.
Tie the other end in a knot.
Wear the headband around the forehead or like a headband. Tie the headband in place and leave the remainder hanging down.
Tips and warnings
- Mix colours and textures for different effects.
- Make three braids in this way and then braid them together into one.
- The finished band will be shorter than the individual pieces; cut individual pieces about twice as long as you want the finished product to be.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for