Skinny jeans have become a popular trend in recent years with women and girls of all ages. Some women may find this look intimidating because of these jeans' curve-hugging nature, but skinny jeans are available in a multitude of colours, fabrics, denim washes and sizes, so they're more wearable than ever. With a wide range of prices, skinny jeans can be affordable for any budget. The key to building a great-looking skinny jeans outfit is balance. You want to be sure to accentuate your curves just enough to look your best without looking like you're simply wearing a pair of too-tight jeans.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Skinny jeans
- Long, oversized or flowing top
- Tall boots, flats or skinny heels
- Statement necklace
- Other accessories (optional)
Ensure that your skinny jeans fit properly. They should be form-fitting but not too tight. The hemline should fall at or just below the ankle.
Pair skinny jeans with a long or oversized top. A form-fitting camisole and blazer also work well with skinny jeans.
Opt for shoes that enhance the balance of the outfit. Ballet or pointed-toe flats or skinny heels are styles that work well with these jeans. In the fall and winter, knee-high boots also look great with skinny jeans.
Add a long statement necklace to accessorise your outfit. A statement necklace is one that stands out because of its attributes, such as a large gemstone, multicoloured or different-shaped beads or an unusual chain. A long chunky beaded necklace or long layered chains can complement your skinny jeans ensemble.
Add other accessories such as large hoop or other large dangle earrings, stacked bangle bracelets, and oversized rings. You can wear a skinny belt around your waist when you wear a form-fitting top.
Tips and warnings
- Avoid ankle or mid-calf boots with skinny jeans. This will make your calves appear too large.
- Don't wear chunky shoes with skinny jeans. This will throw off the balance of your outfit.
- Form-fitting tops should be long enough to hit mid-waist.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for