A good knife is your best companion in the kitchen or at the campsite. Fashioning your own knives from blade blanks allows you to personalise your utensil, craft the perfect tool for your needs and feel a great sense of accomplishment. Blade blanks are rarely available in retail outlets, but are widely available from online suppliers.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Computer with Internet connection
Browse the various options available for purchase online. Narrow your search by determining the best size, weight and material to fit your needs. For kitchen use, smaller, light-handled knives are often most effective. For outdoor use, a thicker blade and heavier handle are often necessary.
Compare similar products on several different websites in order to find the best price. Easy cost comparison is one of the big advantages of shopping online.
Once you have found the product you want, click "Add to cart" or "Buy now" and follow the website's instructions for purchase and shipment.
Many websites offer a guarantee on quality, especially for stainless steel products. Look for these guarantees for your protection.
Shopping Online for Blanks
Tips and warnings
- Purchase stainless steel or ceramic blade blanks to fashion knives that will last a long time.
- Many blade blanks are offered for designer knives, which are typically meant for display rather than personal use. If you intend to use your knife, don't purchase blade blanks with excessive designs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for