eBay is an online commerce site that allows sellers to hold virtual auctions and to sell goods. Buyers can use eBay to purchase items through auctions or outright purchases. eBay is the foremost marketplace on the World Wide Web, featuring a robust functionality for both the buyer and seller. In some cases, those who maintain websites may want to feature certain items or certain categories that are listed on eBay. This can be done through eBay's various widgets.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- eBay item or item's ID number
- eBay seller ID number
Go to http://togo.ebay.com/. Depending on your website needs, pick a widget version which consists of single item, multiple items, search, seller and store views. Click the "I Want This One" button.
If you opt for single item or multiple items views, enter the item ID number. If you opt for seller or store views, enter seller ID number. Hit the "Search" button.
Enter a search term. This is for when an item expires. The system will go out and search for items associated with the search term and replace those with your original item or items that you designated in Step 2. Click the "Next" button.
Copy the code that eBay provides. Paste the code on your site where you want the widget to appear.
Tips and warnings
- More than one eBay To Go widget can be added to a website.
- It is a good idea to keep an eye on the widget or widgets on your site since you are relying on another party to provide content. eBay could change their code and, as a result, it could render these widgets useless.
- Be careful in changing the code eBay provides. If you remove a necessary piece of code, the widget may not work.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for