For any college or classic Greek party, the costume for making a toga from bed sheets is simple and, unless you don't own white sheets, is also free. If you haven't made a toga from bed sheets before, practice doing so a couple of times to get your technique down with the sheet and make sure it works for you and you're comfortable before you head out for the party.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Any size bed sheet
- Safety pins
- Two yards of twine or decorative cording, brown or gold in colour
Turn your bed sheet so the sides run horizontally with the top hem and bottom running vertically. Put the sheet behind your back with horizontal side edge of the sheet coming up to the bottom of your shoulder blades.
Hold the top left corner in your left hand and pull it up and over your left shoulder. Bring the corner down to your waist on your left side and hold it there by tucking it under your left arm, pinning it.
Bring the right side of the sheet around your body from the back, under your right arm, and to your front. Collect the right corner and bring the corner up toward the left shoulder.
Tie the two ends of the sheet in a knot over the left shoulder or pin them together to bring the top edge of the sheet up, covering the chest. Drape the excess corner ends of the sheet over the front or back of the toga.
Overlap the open edges of the toga (the top hem and bottom edge of the sheet), which are under the left arm running down the side. Pin the overlap in place to hold it. Tie a long piece of cording around the waist to be a belt and pull up excess lengths of the sheet to drape over the belt.
Tips and warnings
- For a more girlie version of this toga, simply bring both corners to the front under the arms, cross them in the front, and tie behind the neck. Be sure to secure the front overlap with pins.
- Make sure to wear white underclothes underneath the bed sheet to avoid flashing others.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for