Whether you are a child or an adult, having ears that markedly stick out from your head might not be fun. It can make you feel self conscious and uncomfortable, not to mention that you feel like the whole world is staring at your ears. Fortunately, there are a number of things that you can do to make your ears not stick out. It's important to keep in mind though that most of these techniques don't actually make your ears not stick out, but simply help to give the appearance that they don't.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 stretchy hair band
- 1 necklace
- 1 nice top
Grow your hair long enough to cover your ears. This is one way that many people choose to make their ears not stick out so much. If your hair has some body or curl to it, this will work even more in your favour when it comes to covering up your ears.
Wear a beautiful necklace and top to draw people's attention away from your ears. The art of moving people's attention to what you want them to see rather than what they tend to look at is one way to make your ears appear smaller.
Purchase a stretchy hair band and wear it so that it covers and holds your ears close to your head. Since many women wear headbands, even to keep the ears warm in the winter, this is an easy fix.
Get an eyebrow and or nose piercing. Both of these will draw attention away from your ears and to other parts of your head.
Have cosmetic surgery to have your ears pinned back. This should only be taken as a final step if you find that you aren't happy with your ears no matter what you do.
Tips and warnings
- If you are a parent of a baby that has ears that stick out and you want to avoid them being self conscious later on, consider going to your paediatrician and getting splints that can be placed inside the rim of the ear. This can solve the problem without ever having to resort to surgery.
- Be aware that there are dangers to having surgery. You should talk to your doctor before considering cosmetic surgery.
- Be aware that if you wear big dangling earrings, you are going to draw attention to your ears and how they stick out. You might want to consider avoiding earrings completely for this reason.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for