Some people make their own cleaning products to save money and some to use more environmentally safe ingredients. Whatever your motivation, making your own cleaning products can be satisfying and beneficial not only to you personally, but to the environment around you as well. Try making a homemade dishwasher cleaner out of common household products, and you may never go back to commercial cleaning products again.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Washing soda
- White vinegar
Mix together 1 cup of borax and 1 cup of washing soda.
Fill both sides of the dishwasher receptacle with the borax and washing soda mixture.
Place 2 tbsp of white vinegar into the dishwasher's rinse aid receptacle.
Run the dishwasher using your preferred cycle.
Tips and warnings
- For best results, use this dishwasher detergent recipe each fourth time you use the dishwasher because a white film will build up on the dishes.
- Fill the dishwasher with this detergent mixture, and run it empty to clean the inside of the dishwasher.
- The difference between baking soda and washing soda is the alkaline level. Baking soda has a pH level of 8.1 and washing soda has a pH level of 11. This makes washing soda a caustic material and much more potent than baking soda.
- Wear gloves while handling washing soda, and use caution while using this material.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for