TomTom Go series GPS devices include an SD card that contains the TomTom navigation software and relevant maps for your device. You can add or remove maps and other special features to and from your TomTom SD card by following these simple steps:
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- TomTom Go series GPS device
Connect the small end of the included USB data cable to the back of the TomTom Go GPS receiver and plug the larger end of the USB cable into the USB connector on your computer.
Slide the TomTom SD card into the SD card slot on the right hand side of the TomTom Go GPS device.
Insert the TomTom Go installation CD into your computer. The program should launch automatically. When it does, select the "Add/Remove Maps" option from the "Setup" menu.
Delete a map from your TomTom SD card. Select a map from the presented list of maps contained on the TomTom SD card and click "Remove Maps", followed by the "Green Arrow" button to delete a map from your TomTom SD card.
Select the "Other Countries" option to be redirected to the official TomTom web site to see maps from other countries that can be purchased and loaded on to your TomTom SD card. When you purchase a new map, click the "Save to SD Storage" to save your new map to your TomTom SD card.
Load custom voice prompts to your TomTom SD card. From the "Setup" menu, click the "Add/Remove Special Feature" option. Select "Add a Voice Prompt" to be redirected to the TomTom web site where you can download custom voice prompts to your TomTom SD card. To delete voice prompts from your TomTom SD card, click the unwanted voice prompts, then click "Remove a Voice Prompt" to delete them.
Tips and warnings
- The SD card reader in the TomTom Go series GPS device is compatible with any type of commercial SD card.
- If your TomTom SD card becomes corrupted, you can reinstall the main TomTom Go software program to your third-party SD card by choosing the "Install the Application" option from the "Setup" menu.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for