MoneyGram has been in the business of offering money orders since 1940. MoneyGram money orders are a popular way of sending money. Those receiving money orders prefer them because the payment is guaranteed; senders prefer them because they are safer than cash and do not expose your banking information to the recipient. Detailed records of money orders are kept, including when and if they were cashed.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- MoneyGram money order stub
Locate your MoneyGram money order stub or money order number if you have written it down. Each MoneyGram money order is designated a specific identification number. The number is located on the detachable stub. If you do not have your number or stub, see the resources for finding your money order without the stub.
Contact the MoneyGram tracking line by calling 1-800-542-3590. The service is free and available 24 hours a day. MoneyGram does not have a way to track money orders online.
Enter your MoneyGram money order number. The automated system will let you know when and if the money order has been cashed.
Fill out a MoneyGram Claim Card if you want to get a photocopy of the cashed money order. The service is £9 and must be completed by mail. See the resources for the document and address for filing a claim card.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have your MoneyGram money order number, MoneyGram has a research service that can help you track down the money order. The service costs £26, so it is best reserved for very important money orders. The processing time is six to eight weeks and there is no guarantee your money order will be tracked. The fee is non-refundable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for