Transformers are popular right now thanks to the recent release of the second Transformers movie. If you or your child would like to dress up in a Transformers costume this Halloween, these costumes will probably sell out early, and if you do find one it will likely be expensive. Fortunately, you can make a Transformers costume at home for very little cost.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Large cardboard box (big enough to fit torso through)
- 4 Rectangular cardboard boxes (to fit arms and legs through)
- 2 Empty Paper Towel Tubes
- Sharp knife
- Spray paint
- Medium-sized paint brushes
Make the body of your costume. Place the opening of the large cardboard box face down. Use the knife and the scissors to cut a hole for your head in the bottom of the box. Put your head through the hole, and measure where your arms will go in the sides of the box. Remove the box and cut a hole for each arm.
Spray paint the box with your chosen Transformers theme.
Spray paint the two paper towel tubes silver. When the paint is dry, glue them to the back of the large box that you are using as the body. These will be the exhaust pipes for your Transformers costume.
Fashion the arms and legs of your costume using the rectangle-shaped cardboard boxes. Cut a hole in the shorter sides of the rectangles. Paint these boxes with duel sides so they transform when you turn them. For instance, they can have a wheel on one side and a weapon on the other.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for