Cell phones can be customized in many ways to fit the personality of the owner. One of the most common ways to personalize a cell phone is by downloading ringtones. There are many websites that claim to offer free ringtones, but there almost always is a catch. Here is how to get truly free ring tones for you Virgin Mobile cell phone.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Sign up for a web browsing plan on your Virgin Mobile cell phone.
Direct your web browser to a site or program where you can download ringtones. Limewire is good for this, and certain versions of it can be downloaded for free.
Download the ringtones you want. It is a good idea to just start out with one or two. You can always go back and download additional ringtones later.
Upload the ringtones that you have downloaded to Putfile. Be sure to write down or remember the URL of the file; you will need this to save the ringtones to your phone
Type the URL of the file into your phone. This will allow you to save the ringtones and apply them in your settings.
Tips and warnings
- If you download a lot of ringtones, consider purchasing the Slider Sonic. With the data cable for this phone, you will be able to upload unlimited free ringtones.
- Be skeptical of any service offering free ringtones. There is usually a catch where the user ends up paying an excessive monthly fee to keep a subscription to the service.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for