Whether you are looking to make new friends within the gay community, or you are interested in meeting that special someone, there are a number of places you can go to meet nice gay men. Relying on singles bars to meet people will definitely bring interesting characters into your life, but not always the type you're looking for. To meet a wider variety of gay men, you need to move beyond the gay bars.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Explore the local gay community. Attend gay community gatherings, and introduce yourself. Find others you have something in common with and strike up a conversation.
Sign up for an online dating service that specialises in introducing gay singles. Spend time talking and getting to know potential matches before you meet up in person.
Get involved in local charities that benefit and support the gay and lesbian community.
Visit online gay and lesbian chat rooms and forums. Strike up a conversation and get to know the other members.
Go out clubbing, but don't rely on gay bars and clubs alone. Go to a variety of clubs and bars.
Network through your friends and family. Let them know you're looking to meet someone new. They can put the word out and possibly introduce you to other gay men who are looking to make new friends and potential partners.
Tips and warnings
- Be yourself no matter where you go, and be open to meeting new people.
- Keep your eyes open for opportunities everywhere you go. If you are out and about and someone sends you flirtatious signals, don't be afraid to say hello and introduce yourself.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for