French electronics company Archos manufactures innovative internet Media Tablets, Netbooks and MP3/MP4 media players. The internet Media Tablets---Archos 5, 7 and 5g---are handheld devices that can browse internet television and store videos. The devices have built-in screens but can also be adapted to connect to a full-size television through use of a "DVR station."
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- DVR Station
- Two sets of RCA Cables (USA)
Insert the DVR adaptor piece that came with your Archos 5 or 7 product into the DVR station. Put the supplied batteries in the remote control.
Connect the television to the DVR station's "Out" jacks. You can use RCA cables (cables with yellow, white and red connectors) or you could use an HDMI cable if your television supports that hi-definition functionality. In Europe you could use an RCA to SCART cable. Plug in the DVR station's power.
Insert your Archos 5 or 7 device into the DVR Station. If the Archos was off, it will turn on and the installation wizard will start. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Connect a source to the DVR station for recording television content to your Archos device. Run cables from the DVR station's "In" jacks to the source, which could be a satellite receiver, TV, cable box or DVD/VCR. You are now set up to view existing Archos content on the television or to record content from the source onto the Archos.
Record some content to the Archos. Use the onscreen menu.
Disconnect the Archos and take the Archos with you. You'll now be able to watch the recorded material and will be able to watch it on the Archos's built-in screen.
Upon your return, snap the Archos into the DVR station and watch the Archos content on the larger television screen.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure the TV is set to the correct "Input" on the remote control. This should be the "Input" that corresponds to the cables.
- Go to the "TV Out" settings in the Archos 5 or 7's menu to tweak the resolution. (For example: VGA or 720p; TV standard: NTSC or PAL; and aspect: 4.3 or 16.9.) This menu will only be available when the Archos is connected to the DVR station.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for