AT&T GoPhones are prepaid wireless cell phones that work on AT&T's cell phone network. Prepaid phones don't require monthly bills or contracts; rather, they work by loading prepaid time into the cell phone's account. The prepaid amount is drawn from as minutes or text messages are used.
Users of AT&T GoPhones can refill their prepaid minutes accounts online in multiple ways. An active credit or debit card is usually needed for purchasing or refilling AT&T GoPhone cards online.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Visit AT&T's GoPhone Refill page (see Resources) and click "Go" for the option you want to use. The available options include adding minutes right away to an account, giving minutes as a gift to a GoPhone user, or signing up for auto-refill.
After clicking "Go" for the option you want, enter the wireless cell phone number of the account you want to add minutes to. You may be prompted to create or enter your four-digit PIN number for your account as well.
Select the amount of minutes you want to add to the GoPhone account and confirm the information. You will need to provide payment via a credit or debit card. Enter this information when prompted. Confirm the order on the final page to load the minutes onto the GoPhone account.
Purchase GoPhone Refill Cards from online vendors. There are a variety of websites that sell prepaid phone cards for prepaid cell phones such as the GoPhone. Some even offer discounts for purchasing higher refill amounts (A few examples are provided in the Resources section of this article.)
Look for GoPhone refill cards from online vendors that offer a discount for buying multiple cards or buying higher-increment refill cards. Click on "Buy Now" for the selected refill card and click "Add to Cart." When you are ready to check out, click on "Secure Checkout."
Fill in your mailing address as well as credit card or debit card payment information. Confirm the order to have the refill cards mailed to you. Some websites accept current accounts or PayPal.
Refill cards will be mailed to the address you entered during the checkout process, and minutes are added to the account when you call the number on the back of the card and enter the unique card number when prompted to do so.
Tips and warnings
- Alternately, you can call (800) 901-9878 or dial 611 from your AT&T; GoPhone to add minutes to an account or purchase refill cards if you are somewhere without Internet access.
- Buy direct from AT&T; or authorised sellers to add minutes directly to an account or ensure the card you purchase is usable. Cards that have their security PIN exposed may be already used or stolen.
- Remember that GoPhone minutes added to an account will expire after a set amount of time. The expiration of minutes is listed on the back of the card or on the confirmation page when ordering minutes from AT&T.;
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for