"Guitar Hero" is a popular rhythm-based franchise that began in 2005 on the PlayStation 2 console. Since then, entries in the "Guitar Hero" series have been released on various platforms, including the Nintendo Wii. "Guitar Hero World Tour" is the first game in the series to feature complete band play, including drumming via the drum set peripheral. "Guitar Hero World Tour" comes bundled with all equipment, but the instruments can be purchased separately, new or used, at a lower price.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- $0 to £65
Differentiate between the Wii "Guitar Hero" drum set and those available for other consoles by looking for the white "Wii" banner running along the top of the box. Used drums may be trickier to identify but feature a telltale Wii remote port near the top of the unit.
Identify brick-and-mortar or online retailers that carry "Guitar Hero" products. Retailers likely to carry "Guitar Hero" products include national video games and electronics chains.
Purchase the "Guitar Hero" Wii drum set at a local video game or electronics store, such as GameStop or Best Buy. If there is not a video game or electronics store in your area, you may be able to buy the drums at a department store, such as Wal-Mart or Target. Expect to pay anywhere from £52 to £65 at a local store.
Buy the "Guitar Hero" Wii drum set from video game or electronics retailers websites---such as GameStop.com or BestBuy.com---if you cannot find the drums at a local brick-and-mortar store. Expect to pay anywhere from £52 to £65 at these websites. For a possibly lower price, buy the "Guitar Hero" Wii drum set from websites such as eBay.com, Amazon.com, PlayNTrade.com or Craigslist.org. Many such websites offer the "Guitar Hero" Wii drums for less than £52, especially for sets sold by individuals.
Tips and warnings
- Secure a guarantee that any new or used equipment you purchase is in working order. Stores that sell used equipment should allow in-store demos or offer warranties. Websites that feature feedback ratings increase seller accountability and can be trusted when purchasing drums online from individuals.
- "Guitar Hero World Tour" drums are not compatible with "Rock Band" games on the Wii.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for