All televisions in the near future will be able to be connected directly to the Internet. Computers and televisions will merge as one, so you'll be able to do a search on the same device that you watch "Desperate Housewives." Until then, it's important to know how to watch your favourite episodes of ABC shows online. This article will tell you how to do so in five simple steps.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Uninterrupted high-speed Internet connection
- Knowledge of the classic TV websites
- An S-video Cable (maybe)
- A television with S-video input (maybe)
Log into your web browser--Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer are probably the best to use.
Go to http://abc.go.com/player/ which is ABC's online site that shows all episodes of their shows for free. You can go to other sites like Hulu, but it isn't necessary because ABC offers its own exclusive player and content.
Download the ABC Full Episode Player, which you can do by clicking on the left side of the screen. A window will pop up, you will have to click the terms and conditions and then "allow" it to download. It's for both Mac and PC users.
Let the player take you to the menu for your favourite ABC shows. There you can watch the most recent full episodes of each show and most of the older ones.
With an S-video Cable, you can also run episodes of the shows from your computer to your television, as long as it has an S-video input. There is a bit more setting up on each type of computer and other ways to run audio so it sounds better.
Finding the site
Tips and warnings
- With some shows on the ABC player, you can't watch all the past episodes from that season and rarely any episodes from past seasons. For episodes you can't find via the ABC.com player, Google check other sites such as Hulu.com or YouTube.com The best for both quality and show selection as of July 2009 was Hulu.com, one of the only professional online media sites for television episodes, webisodes and films. You can also watch in high definition, and everything downloads quickly (depending on the speed of your computer and Internet connection).
- Just be wary of copyright restrictions and the legality of certain sites that have ABC or any television episodes that you're able to download or view. People steal television and films regularly and the studios and networks are understandably very sensitive about it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for