One of the easiest microwave repairs is replacing the light bulb. Most microwaves only have one bulb, and Sharp manufacturer puts it in an easily-accessible location. When replacing the bulb, make sure you have the correct wattage bulb that is compatible with your Sharp microwave.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Unplug your Sharp microwave.
Locate the four screws on the microwave's outer cover. Unscrew all four screws and take off the cover.
Unscrew the screw holding the bulb casing in place.
Unscrew the old bulb and replace it with a new one.
Screw the bulb's cover back in place.
Put the cover back on the microwave by attaching the four screws.
Plug in the microwave.
Tips and warnings
- Always unplug the microwave before working on it.
- Never test the microwave with the cover off.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for