A touch lamp eliminates the hassle of fumbling in the dark for the light switch. Most metal lamps can be converted into a touch lamp. Turn it on with a quick touch to the base, and adjust the light--or turn it off--with a few more taps. Instead of paying for a touch lamp, buy an inexpensive touch lamp control switch and convert desk or floor lamps into touch lamps in a few minutes.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Touch lamp control switch (lamp socket version)
Turn the lamp off. Unscrew the light bulb from the socket.
Screw a touch lamp control switch into the lamp socket. The control switch itself resembles a lamp socket.
Screw the light bulb into the socket, which is actually the touch lamp control switch.
Turn the lamp on and touch any metal part of the lamp to turn it on or off. The lamp has three light settings: low, medium and high. Tap the lamp to change the setting, and the last tap will turn the lamp off. Another tap will turn it back on.
Tips and warnings
- Purchase a touch lamp control switch at ComfortHouse.com (see Resources).
- Touch lamp control switches will not work on lamps with plastic or ceramic light sockets, or with CFL light bulbs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for