Handmade cards are often treasured by the recipient in ways that a store bought greeting never will be. You can make fun greeting cards with a simple pull-tab that reveals your message tucked away inside. Sometimes referred to as pocket cards, pull-tab cards are simple to make but appear complex. You can also attach small gifts, such as cash or gift cards, to the insert, making the card into a cute wrapping for an otherwise standard gift.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Card stock
- Double-sided tape
Measure and cut a sheet of plain card stock into a 6- by 8-inch piece. This will be the outer portion of your card.
Fold the card stock in half so that it is 6 by 4 inches. Seal the top and bottom (the 4-inch sides) together with double-sided tape.
Cut a second piece of card stock that is 5.5 inches by 4 inches. It should fit into the pocket formed by the other piece of card stock. This will be the insert.
Cut a 1- by 5-inch strip of card stock. Lay it across the centre of the insert piece so that 1 inch hangs off the edge to form the pull-tab. Secure it with tape.
Write your message on the insert and decorate the outside with your embellishment items. These include stickers, rub-ons, and markers.
Place the insert into the outer pocket with the pull-tab sticking out. The recipient will pull the tab, causing the insert to pull out to reveal your message.
Tips and warnings
- You can cut a window into the outer pocket of the card to reveal a portion of the message on the insert.
- If you have an envelope you are planning to use, adjust the card measurements to fit the envelope.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for