Wouldn't it be nice to be able to wire a light and switch by yourself? By following the proper steps and using the proper tools and equipment, you will be able to do it like a professional. By being able to do it yourself, you are able to choose the fixtures and switches of your choice that will fit into your housing scheme.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wire caps
- Electrical tape
- Wire strippers
Turn off power supply to switch.
With existing wire in light switch box, connect the green wires (ground wire) together. Put a wire cap on and a small piece of electrical tape.
Connect the white wires (neutral wire) together. Put a wire cap on and a small piece of electrical tape.
Connect the black wires (hot wire) together. Put a wire cap on and a small piece of electrical tape.
Wire Light Fixtures
Tips and warnings
- Your hot wire might not be black, it could be red.
- When dealing with electricity, always make sure the power is off.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for