Freeze dry foods are an excellent option for long term food storage. These foods are processed and stored in #10 cans, which can be purchased in bulk. Freeze dried food offers many options for preparation and use. Most freeze dried food just needs water to added to it. The food can be stored for up to 25 years if it is kept in a cool dry place. Food storage is important in case of a financial emergency like job loss and reduced income or a natural disaster such as a earthquake or hurricane.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Credit card
Write down the food that your family eats the most and enjoys eating.
Make a list of food storage supplies that you need and create a menus for meals that will work for your family's needs.
Use charts and food storage tables available online or in food storage information books to calculate the daily food needs for each individual in your family and buy according to your calculations.
Purchase freeze dried food online through a reputable company in bulk to get the best price.
Buy from sites that offer coupons and shipping discounts. Purchase bulk cans will help save your money and get you started on a food storage supply.
Tips and warnings
- Only purchase food that your family will eat.
- Combine your order with a friend or other family member to qualify for free shipping or get quantity discounts.
- Rotate your cans by expiration date.
- Find a cool dry place to store your freeze dried food bulk cans to prolong the life of the food.
- Only buy food a from reputable companies licensed to produce the food.
- Purchase the freeze dried food from companies located in your country to assure quality standards.