Holes in your tonsils, or crypts, are actually normal. They provide a place for your white blood cells to fight bad bacteria that enters your body through your mouth and nose. Once they do this, the dead bacteria and dead white cells are sloughed off and you swallow them. However, a problem arises when these holes are too wide or when they are crooked. When this is the case, it is very easy for food to get stuck in the crypts. The food can rot and cause bad breath and in some cases cause throat infections. Here are some ways that you can cure the holes in your tonsils.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flat tip syringe
- Cotton swabs
Use a syringe with a flat tip to flush out your tonsils. You can use the syringe and water to flush out food particles and bacteria that are stuck in the holes in your tonsils. Do this at least twice a day every other day.
Use a cotton swab periodically to clean out the bacteria and food particles from the holes in your tonsils, then rinse your mouth with a good mouthwash such as Listerine to kill any bacteria you might have missed.
Start a regime of Echinacea tincture. Be sure and follow the instructions on the bottle for dosing. Echinacea is a natural antibiotic and can help to keep you from getting an infection as a result of the holes in your tonsils and the food and bacteria trapped there. Echinacea is also an immune booster and may help your body to build up a stronger immune system and more white blood cells to deal with the bacteria in your tonsils.
In severe cases, go to your doctor and set up surgery to have your tonsils removed, which is called a tonsilectomy.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using the flat tipped syringe method, be sure and flush out the areas all around your tonsils where food can also get trapped. You want to flush behind the tonsils and on the sides as well as directly on the tonsils.
- Don't attempt to self-diagnose. If you have severe bad breath and throat issues see a doctor to determine if the cause is your tonsils or something else.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for