A comfortable mattress is vital to getting a good night's rest. However, sometimes when buying a mattress, you choose a mattress that is comfortable in the store, but after you sleep on it for a few nights at home you realise it's too firm for you. An option for making a firm mattress softer is buying a mattress topper. One type of mattress topper is a memory foam pad that can be placed underneath a mattress pad and/or the fitted sheet.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- A mattress
- A memory foam mattress topper to match the size of your bed
Measure your bed and do research about memory foam pads to make sure that type of topper is right for you. Most pads come in 2- or 3-inch thickness.
Buy the pad. Consider whether you want to buy the pad online or in a store. One aspect to think about is how easily it would be to return it if it is not what you want.
Install the pad. Remove all bed linens from the bed. Put the pad directly on top of the mattress. Then put a mattress pad and fitted sheet, or just a fitted sheet if desired, on top of the foam memory pad.
Test the pad by sleeping on it for few nights to make sure it is what you want and make any changes as necessary.
Tips and warnings
- If you are unsure of what thickness of memory foam pad to get, consult with a sales associate if you buy the mattress pad in a store. For online purchases, read reviews from others to help make a decision.
- Be sure to keep all receipts for any memory foam pad you have bought, in case you need to exchange or return it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for