Having extra fatty deposits around your knees can make your knees unattractive and unsightly. Fat deposits around the knees can affect your self-esteem and can also influence the types of clothes you wear, since you may feel uncomfortable wearing anything that exposes your knees, including swimsuits, shorts, skirts and dresses. Thankfully, there are some fast and effective ways for getting rid of fat around your knees.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Exercise mat
- Walking shoes
- Vitamin supplement
Schedule an appointment with your doctor and get a full physical to assess your present health condition before beginning a workout regimen. Ask the doctor for recommendations in regard to reducing body fat and how to get rid of fat knees. Follow any recommendations offered.
Put on your comfortable walking shoes. Walk briskly for 30 minutes each day to tone both of your legs from thigh to calf, and to get rid of fat knees, thighs and calves. Alternate your brisk walk with a jog or a regular run.
Set up a low-fat diet plan to keep your fat intake extremely low. Consume more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, soy products, almonds and olives. Keep your protein intake moderate, but make sure you get your daily allowance of proteins every day. Determine the amount of protein you need by dividing your body weight in pounds by 2.2. Multiply the quotient by .8 gram to determine the recommended dietary allowance of protein your body needs in grams every day according to U.S. government standards.
Sign up for membership at a local gym. Use the leg press machine to work out both of your legs; choose a light weight to start with, sit down on the bench and position both of your feet flat on the crosspiece. Push your legs forward to work leg muscles and knees; then release. Do a repetition of 10 or 20, and work your way up gradually to heavier weights. Begin with very light weights and do one set to see if the weight feels too light; test the next weight level for resistance. Add weights until you can perform no more than 20 reps with the weight level you have selected; wait two to three days before performing presses again. Perform all weight training exercises at least two times a week for at least 20 minutes per session, and allow at least a day of rest in between sessions.
Use the leg curl machine while at the gym; choose a light weight to begin with and position yourself facedown on the bench. Keep your legs straight, and position both of your heels underneath the leg curl machine padding. Use your legs at the same time, and pull them toward your buttocks slowly as far as you are able; repeat the process for 10 to 20 repetitions.
Use the exercise mat at the gym or use your own mat at home. Lie down on your back and keep both of your legs out straight. Keep your heels against the floor. Start with your left leg, raise the leg about 6 inches off the floor and hold it for the count of five. Let your leg touch the floor again; repeat for a repetition of 10, then repeat the process on the right leg for 10 reps to strengthen leg muscles and to tone the fatty areas around the knees.
Opt for a suction lipectomy if and when persistent exercise and dieting fail to eliminate the fatty deposits around your knees; visit a plastic surgeon to schedule a day for an evaluation.
Tips and warnings
- A suction lipectomy should be considered a last resort, since it is a form of surgery where fat around the knee is suctioned out through a vacuum after incisions are made into the skin around the knee area. The procedure can prove costly, as much as £1,625 or more, and there are always risks with surgical procedures.
- When doing leg presses, do not become overzealous about the amount of weight that you use, and do not overexert yourself. If you feel tired or begin to experience pain, stop the exercise; you will strain your knees and you might pull leg muscles, resulting in sprains and other leg injuries.
- When creating your diet plan, make sure that you get the necessary calories you need to maintain good energy levels. Do not severely restrict your caloric intake; this will make you tired and hungry, and will slow down your metabolism. It will also prevent you from receiving adequate nutrition.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for