Olive oil dip served with slices of bread is an appetizer that is easy enough to make for yourself and elegant enough to serve to dinner guests. This basic olive oil dip recipe requires little preparation and uses a simple ingredient list. A variety of ingredients can also be added to this recipe to create endless possibilities!
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 1 loaf crusty french bread
- 1 bulb garlic
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Aluminium foil
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees C. Peel a whole bulb of garlic, wrap in aluminium foil and roast in preheated oven for forty minutes.
Remove roasted garlic from oven, remove aluminium foil and transfer to serving dish. Use a fork to mash the roasted garlic into a thick, chunky paste.
Pour just enough olive oil over the mashed roasted garlic to cover it in the serving dish. Stir the olive oil and mashed roasted garlic with a fork to combine the flavours.
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the olive oil and roasted garlic. Use as much or as little balsamic vinegar as you like, according to taste.
Serve your olive oil dip as an appetizer along with slices of crusty french bread. If you prefer, warm the bread in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and warnings
- Use a pepper grinder to grind fresh pepper over your olive oil dip before serving.
- If you're concerned about roasting the garlic for too long, set a kitchen timer to remind yourself to check on it after half an hour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for