Slow cookers are a great kitchen tool if you love to create home-cooked meals but do not have the time to do it. They allow easy preparation of food without the last-minute hassle and are great for transporting food for a potluck. This article will give you the instructions for making spaghetti in the slow cooker.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 0.454kg. ground beef
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (227grs each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (227grs) mushrooms
- 1 cp. water
- 113grs dry spaghetti
- Large pot
In a skillet on the stove top, brown ground beef with oregano seasoning. Cooking the ground beef ensures that raw meat will not mix with the vegetables and tomato sauce, and it also enhances the flavour of the meat.
Drizzle a small amount of oil in the slow cooker, just enough to cover the bottom.
Add the onion, pepper, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms and water. Cook on low setting for 5 to 8 hours.
In a large pot, cook spaghetti until tender. If desired, add the cooked noodles to the spaghetti sauce before serving.
How to Cook In A Slow Cooker
Tips and warnings
- Get to know your slow cooker. Some new slow cookers cook hotter than older models, so when you have found the right length of time for a recipe to cook in your cooker, note that in your cookbook next to the recipe.
- Many oven recipes can be converted for the slow cooker. The low setting of a slow cooker is equivalent to 93.3 degrees Celsius in an oven. The high setting of a slow cooker is equivalent to 149 degrees Celsius in an oven.
- Never cook pasta in the slow cooker. Cook the pasta in a separate pot, then add to the slow cooker after the meal is cooked.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for