If you have an unfortunate "ride" that you know is worthy of MTV's reality show "Pimp My Ride," why not consider sending in an application to be featured on the show? "Pimp My Ride" is always looking for new stories and old cars to feature on the show, and you have as good a chance as anyone else as long as you are between the ages of 18-28 and live in the Southern California area. Read on for more information on how to apply to get on the MTV show "Pimp My Ride."
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Be sure that you qualify. The applicant be a Southern California resident and must be the legal title-holder of the car. Both the insurance and registration must be in the applicant's name and the applicant will be asked to provide proof at the audition.
Call the Casting Hotline for "Pimp My Ride" at (310) 907-2688 and leave your name, the make and model of the car, your city and phone number. Be sure to speak slowly and clearly. If your vehicle is being considered, you will receive a return phone call.
E-mail "Pimp My Ride" at email@example.com. This can be done before you receive a call back. Include interior and exterior pictures of the car that highlight the extent of the damage or state of disrepair. With the pictures, include a brief description of how the car ended up in disarray, your name, age, city and phone number.
Wait for MTV to contact you. Repeated phone calls and e-mails will not encourage them to consider your application more quickly. In fact, it may discourage them from featuring you on the show. Be patient.
How to Get on the Show 'Pimp My Ride'
Tips and warnings
- The most successful "Pimp My Ride" applicants are those with endearing stories. In your e-mail, be sure to include any information that would make your story an interesting one to tell (personal hardship, important goals, etc.)
- If you are not a resident of Southern California, you still may submit an application to MTV and your information will be kept on file. If "Pimp My Ride" expands nationally, then your application will be reviewed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for