The Bell Sports BSI Bike Rack is one of the most popular racks for cars with trunks because of its affordability when compared to other types of racks and its ease of use. Installation instructions are included in the original packaging, but if you lost the instructions or forgot how to attach the rack, the process is simple and you can be loading your bikes in about twenty minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- BSI Bike Rack
Hold the BSI bike rack so that the arm (coloured red or yellow) with the bike holders is parallel to your body.
Pull the two hinged arms open. The shorter arm set is considered the back of the rack and called the back arm.
Place the back arm on the top of your boot lid so that the front arm rests on the bumper or angle the front arm in to rest against the face of the boot. The arm with the bicycle holders should be pointing directly outward or slightly angled upward from the boot of the car.
Open the boot and attach the rear straps from the bike carrier by hooking the two ends over the back edge of the boot. Attach the front straps under the lip of the bottom of the boot.
Close the boot and tighten the straps.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure the straps run straight from the rack to the boot. They should form a 90-degree angle from the BSI Bike Rack frame to the boot edge.
- Stop and check the tightness of the straps periodically as you travel. High winds and speed can cause the straps to loosen, and you could lose your bikes on the highway.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for