Folding baby clothes like flowers makes for a pretty and unusual presentation for gift-giving. It's easy to do, but works best with infant clothes. Try putting several in a small basket, or presenting them like a bouquet for an unusual and memorable gift.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Baby clothes
- Rubber bands
- 1/2-inch-to-1-inch-wide ribbon
Pick up the item of baby clothes you want to fold like a flower, and fold it in half lengthwise. Then, beginning at one end, tightly roll it up.
While holding the roll in place with one hand, twist a rubber band around the middle of the roll.
Take another rubber band and twist it around one end, about three-quarters of an inch from the base of the roll. Now you should have a rolled tube held tightly in place by the rubber bands.
Take your ribbon and measure out about 1 foot, and cut it. Lightly mark a spot about 1/3 down the length of the ribbon, and place it under the rubber band at the end of the roll at that spot.
Wrap the long end of the ribbon tightly around the base of the roll several times, so that the ribbon hides the rubber band.
Tie the ribbon in a bow, and check the length of the ends. If they are too uneven, measure the length you want and snip them again. Fold the end of the ribbon over and, using your scissors, cut a curved quarter-circle. When you unfold the ribbon, it should now have a rounded end.
Check that the ribbon is tight. If it is, remove the rubber band around the centre of the tube. The fabric should fall open a little bit. Gently open the edges, folding them over the ribbon tie. You now have a pretty baby clothes flower.
Tips and warnings
- If the rolled tube is too difficult to manage, just wrap more rubber bands around it.
- Try this with a onesie, pair of trousers or even a cap for a tiny flower.
- Be careful not to use rubber bands with dye in them, it might rub off on the fabric.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for