Smoky eyes are a sexy and sultry look always in fashion. If done right, smoky eyes can make your eyes the centre of attention. The crucial step in creating smoky eyes is blending. This may take a little practice, but it is well worth the effort. You can use the traditional blacks or greys for a more glamorous look, or you can try browns for a softer look. These days, even colours such as blue, purple, and green are fashionable.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Oil-free concealer or foundation
- Eyeliner pencil
- Cotton swab
- Dark eye shadow
- Make-up brush
- Medium eye shadow
- Light eye shadow
Dab an oil-free concealer or foundation onto your eyelid. Let the product dry.
Apply eyeliner to your eye by drawing short feathery lines across the upper and lower eyelid, as close to the eyelash line as possible, using the eyeliner pencil. Smug the eyeliner with your finger or a cotton swab.
Apply your darkest eye shadow with the make-up brush along the top and bottom lash line. Blend the shadow upward, stopping at the eye crease.
Apply your medium colour eye shadow to the middle for your eyelid. Bleed the shadow up to the eye crease.
Apply the lightest colour eye shadow from the eye crease to the brow bone. Blend it with the make-up brush.
Put on several coast of mascara on your eyelashes.
Tips and warnings
- Instead of eyeliner pencil, you can use a damp make-up brush dipped into the darkest eye shadow colour to brush a line across the upper and lower eyelid close to the lash line.
- It is best to have a natural-colour lip with a smoky eye, to prevent the lips from competing with the eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for