Alongside the abdominals and buttocks, flabby arms are among the most difficult areas of the body to tighten and tone. There's no magic solution to reducing flabby arms, just good old-fashioned exercise. It takes a few relatively simple arm exercises done at least three times a week to burn fat and build muscle. With some patience and determination, you'll develop arms that will be the envy of all.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pair of dumbbells
Start out with some push-ups to reduce flabby arms. If you're a beginner or have lower back problems, do push-ups with bended knees. Get down on your hands and knees, and raise your feet about 45 degrees off the ground. Keeping your back straight, lower yourself until your chest is about an inch or two from the ground, then return to the starting position. Do at least 10 reps and steadily increase this number as your arm muscles become stronger.
Do tricep extensions to tighten the backs of your arms. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with knees slightly bent, raise the dumbbells over your head and bend your arms toward your back at 90-degree angles. Raise your arms straight up, but take care not to lock your elbow joints. Do about 15 reps.
Do side arm raises using dumbbells. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart with knees slightly bent and arms hanging at your side. With the dumbbells in either hand, raise your arms straight up to the side until they're level with your shoulders. Hold this position for a few seconds then lower your arms down. Do about 15 reps.
Finally, finish up with a bicep curl to reduce flabby arms. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and knees slightly bent, and grip the dumbbells in each hand with your arms extended and raised to chest level. Bend one arm toward you while keeping the other extended, then switch. Do about 15 reps.
Tips and warnings
- Do this exercise routine at least three times a week. Make sure you take a break between each day to allow your muscles to rest and recuperate.
- If you have excess fat on your arms, add about 30 minutes of cardio to your workout routine. This will help burn the layer of fat that surrounds the arm muscles.
- Always keep elbows and knees slightly bent to prevent injuring your joints.
- Increase reps and weights as you become accustomed to these exercises.
- Be aware of risk of injury when doing this or any other exercise routine. For best results, consult a fitness expert who will show you exactly how to perform these exercises correctly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for