Cleaning a Swiss Army Knife will keep it from rusting and give it that shiny look as if it were just bought. Keeping a knife clean will also make it more sanitary to keep in your pocket, and a clean knife is easier to open because their is no grime blocking the way.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pot of water
- Cooking oil
Put water in a pot and boil.
Open all the tools on the Swiss Army Knife and drop into the boiling water. The boiling water will loosen the grime that has built up on the knife.
Take the boiling pot of water off the heat after the knife has been it for one minute and pour out the hot water.
Add warm water to the pot to cool off the Swiss Army Knife. Adding cold water could crack the plastic handle because of temperature shock.
Remove the knife from the warm water and use a toothbrush to remove any grime still on the knife.
Coat the knife blades with cooking oil after the knife has been air dried. Rub off the excess oil with a paper towel.
Tips and warnings
- Handle the knife carefully after taking it out of hot water as the plastic handle could be soft. It will harden again as the knife cools.
- Always be careful when handling a knife with open blades.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for