Cuprinol is a product that protects, cleans, restores and preserves wood. Untreated wood loses colour, becomes unattractive, deteriorates quickly and can become unsafe. Whether you have a wooden fence, patio, trellis, building or outdoor furniture, Cuprinol is the best bet to preserve and enhance the wood's beauty. Cuprinol is available in 23 different shades.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cuprinol Wood Preservative
- Cuprinol Timbercare
- Fungicidal wood wash
- Wooden stir sticks
- Eye protection
- Firm bristled brush
- Putty knife
Using a firm-bristled brush, remove any dirt or debris from all bare wood.
Use a putty knife to remove any algae, moss or other growth from the wood.
Use a brush to apply a fungicidal wash, such as Dulux Trade Weathershield Multi-Surface Fungicidal Wash, to all affected areas to remove any remaining algae, fungi, moss or lichen.
Allow the fungicidal wash to remain on the wood for at least 24 hours.
Rinse and scrub off the fungicidal wash with a brush and clean water.
Allow the wood to dry completely before pre-treating with Curpinol Trade Low Odor Wood Preserver Clear.
Brush on a single coat of Cuprinol Trade Low Odor Wood Preserver Clear to prevent decay.
Pre-Treat Wood Cuprinol Preservative
Cover your hands and eyes with gloves and protective eyewear.
Stir Cuprinol Timbercare thoroughly with a wooden stir stick. Re-stir occasionally as you work.
Use a clean, dry paint brush to apply Cuprinol Timbercare to an area to test colour and adhesiveness. Like paint, the colour may differ from the colour in the container when dry.
Use a paint brush to brush on Cuprinol Timbercare in smooth strokes, going with the grain of wood.
Allow the wood to dry for two to six hours. Depending on the wood, a second coat may be necessary.
Apply Cuprinol Timbercare
Tips and warnings
- Do not apply Cuprinol Timbercare when temperatures are below 5 degrees C, in damp or humid conditions, or if rain is in the forecast.
- Use a Cuprinol sprayer for fast, convenient application.
- Cover your hands and eyes with gloves and protective eyewear prior to using cleaning, preserving or colouring substances.
- Avoid inhalation and contact with your skin and eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for