The Xbox 360 offers advanced 3D gaming and music. Even with all the hardware and software upgrades, the Xbox is not much to look at. But you can customise your console's faceplate easily with a low-cost vinyl skin that will give it a sleek look to match the modern features inside your Xbox.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 or CS4 (full version or free trial)
Go to Decalgirl.com for custom Xbox 360 faceplate skins. The faceplate skins offered at Decal Girl are static-cling pieces of vinyl designed to fit snugly over the faceplate, providing a new, custom look for your faceplate without having to completely remove the old faceplate.
Click on "Xbox 360 faceplate skins" to browse the selection. If you do not find a suitable skin from the site's listing of common custom designs, create your own by returning to the main Decal Girl Xbox 360 faceplate skin page.
Click "Download Templates."
Scroll the page until you find a clickable link labelled "Xbox 360 Faceplate Skin Template." Click on this link.
Click on the downloadable file labelled "PSD Template." Save the file to your desktop.
Unzip the template by right-clicking on it and selecting "Extract All."
Double-click on the extracted file to open it in Photoshop. If you do not have Photoshop, you can download a free 30-day trial for opening and editing the skin template.
Insert any custom designs or pictures that you want to add to your faceplate by simply copying and pasting the image or images into the Adobe Photoshop template.
Save the template when you are finished by clicking "File" and "Save."
E-mail the completed template to Decal Girl at email@example.com. When the skin is approved, you can return to the custom Xbox 360 faceplate skin page to get your new skin printed and shipped directly to you.
Tips and warnings
- Another customisation option is completely replacing the faceplate with a new, different faceplate. Unfortunately, replacing the faceplate is often more expensive, so skinning the existing faceplate is the preferred method. However, if you decide to go with this pricier route, Mad Catz has a good selection of replacement faceplates, and Microsoft offers a help page explaining the process for complete faceplate removal and reattachment.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for